The stomach bug hit me this week, and I was out of commission for two days because of it. Thankfully, the worst of it has passed, and I was back in the office today (hello there, Giant Mountain of Work!). I may have overestimated my level of recovery, however. Just because I was no longer sick to my stomach or feverish didn’t necessarily mean I was ready to run at full speed, a sad fact that hit me when I tried to take my regular break walk and couldn’t make more than one lap before I felt yucky and weak. So instead of walking or gymming after work, I came home with Jon and chilled out with some Coursera work and another Twitter chat.
Since I don’t really have anything exciting to share, I’ll share some of my more recent random thoughts, not because I think they’re entertaining, but because I really don’t have much else to share at the moment…but I want to blog (I think I’m being contrary to myself).
1. I think I’m going to give up on Greek yogurt. We bought regular yogurt and I like it so much better. I don’t think I was trying to be trendy…I think I just forgot how much I like regular yogurt.
2. I really want to plan things, but I can’t because I have no idea if we’re staying or going. I also can’t plan anything with our current lowered income.
3. I don’t know if it’s because it would be the less stressful of two options and I’m craving something “easy” right now…but I’m really starting to think that I don’t want to leave Kansas. In fact, I think I could be okay with staying in Manhattan (I’ll have to leave Wamego, though).
4. Not to be misunderstood, I’ve enjoyed living in Wamego, but we need to be closer to work and social areas for various reasons involving cars and gas money.
5. I have two Starbucks gift cards, and I’m going to use the heck out of at least one of them this weekend.
6. I want to try yoga and some gym classes. I don’t know about Zumba though.
7. I really want people to think I have it all together, but I’m failing miserably lately. Pretty sure most people are on to the fact that I’m a complete mess right now.
I realize I just got done with being off work for two days, but considering they were spent being sick, I’m ready for the weekend. Jon’s gaming on Saturday, which means I get to entertain myself for several hours. Not sure what I’m going to do, exactly, but it’ll be therapeutic for my sanity, no matter what.
Off to get some sleep so I can face Friday head on.